Salve, dear people!
Buckling right down to business:
The Third Book: The Hunger Games. The book, not the series(I do like Catching Fire and Mockingjay though).
The Hunger Games taught too much to put into words.
Death isn’t funny. Death isn’t unnatural. But killing is awful.
Okay, that’s not a lesson I needed to learn.
ACK I CAN’T THINK TODAY!
The 2015 Nerd
“Dreams like a podcast,
Downloading truth in my ears.
They tell me cool stuff.”
“Apollo?” I guess, because I figured nobody else could make a haiku that bad.
He put his finger to his lips. “I’m incognito. Call me Fred.”
“A god named Fred?”
― Rick Riordan
Hi! I’m back!
Anyway, I saw one view. Am guessing that’s just something WordPress does to make you feel good, because there was no location. If you are there, however, please like something or comment. Thanks.
So. Books I Wouldn’t Survive Without: POST ONE:
I know, so cliché. It’s true though. These books tell the story of love, strife, fate, life, and so much more. Thank you, Joanne Rowling. Thank you more than words can say.
Harry Potter was what kept me going day after day after day. To come home with me nose in The Goblet of Fire, telling my mom to back up ’cause I might cry and throw a tantrum about Cedric.
If you didn’t get all that: HARRY POTTER SAVED ME.
What Hermione Taught Me:
- That being a nerd is okay.
- That reading too much can be what saves your butt
- To do anything for others, even if you have to bend the rules a bit
- Your priorities can change
What Ron Taught Me:
- Just try your best, it’ll be good enough for your friends
- Believe in yourself
- Fearing spiders is OK
What Hagrid Taught Me:
- Be yourself. If they don’t like it, that’s their problem.
What Hedwig Taught Me:
What Fred and George Taught Me:
- As Harry says “If you don’t take it, I’m throwing it down the drain. I don’t want it and I don’t need it. But I could do with a few laughs. We could all do with a few laughs. I’ve got a feeling we’re going to need them more than usual before long.” AKA: Laughing is needed in life.
What Draco Malfoy Taught Me:
- It’s never too late to change.
- No one can control you.
- Don’t let your ancestors define you.
What Neville Longbottom Taught Me:
- You don’t have to be the best at everything or anything(BIG lesson for me)
What Dobby Taught Me:
- Love the freedom you’ve been given. Give freedom to others.
- Loyalty can end you, but it’ll make your life worth living
What Harry Potter Taught Me:
- Nothing is worth killing for.
- Be brave even when you can’t.
- Go with it.
What Snape Taught Me:
- Some heroes don’t wear red suits. Some rarely wash their hair.
What Dumbledore Taught Me:
- Knowledge comes with pain.
The 2015 Nerd
Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real? -J.K. Rowling